
I was quite lucky with my time in Uruguay... my friend from Slovenia remembered that her friend Eduardo lives in Montevideo... and we connected and he made my time in Montevideo even better... from the eyes of a local person.
Second time I went there, he took me and my friends to estancia, one hour out of Montevideo...
The family celebrated gthe birthday of their eldest son, we had excellent grilled lunch and then they put me on a horse and we went chasing cows .... well. I have not been on a horse for 12 years so I was little scared the horse would just start speeding up, but luckily it was a calm horse... no running if not neccessarry:)
Chasing cows is fun, but i guess also demanding job... the gauchos have their tricks, but some cows still try to escape or run in other direction.. Very interesting experience.
I must say, that I had the best time on that estancia... nature is absolutely amazing, large landscapes of nothing (well, fields), good food, horses, cows. For me, that am living in cities for all my life, that was a new view of possible life... live on the outdoors, always something to do. Have fresh air, wind and sun right there. I actually did not miss internet or computer for a second... and this is pretty good improvement for me :)
Maja

No comments:
Post a Comment