I am in Hong Kong, sitting in my hotel room. Watching TV, surfing and waiting for weather to get better.
We have a Tropical Cyclone signal 3 going on, expecting an announcement of Signal 8 to be made sometime in the next half hour... which apparently can be bad.
I read today on the web, that if there is:
- Signal 1, stand by (that was yesterday) is a warning, when the cyclone is spotted in 800 km away from hong Kong territory.
- Then, next step is Singal 3, and the next step is Signal 8 with different notices..
- As soon as singnal 8 is issued, the public transport is closed down, schoolls dismiss the classes and governmental offices close. There is Signal 9, and then 10 means a hurricane over Hong kong...
So, I was advised not to go out today, my meeting with Michelle´s friend is postponed to Monday and it can happen, that I will not go to Macau tomorrow. As all water activities are to be cancelled.
It has been extremely hot and humid the last days. it was like 33 degrees, but as this maybe does not seem sooooo freaking hot, when you mix it with 88-95% humidity, it is FREAKING hot. On TV are warnings to drink enough water, stay in cool places and avoid any physical activities when outside. So.... officially I am warned not to run, ha ha...(ok, running is not my favourite sports anyway).
Yesterday evening, at 10 pm we were still at 30 degrees. it was so hot and humid, that my short walk to find something to eat, was a mix of 5 meters walk on the street, and jumping into every second store to get some air condition.
So, here I am, watching movies and hoping that the cyclone will go away. And take please the rain with you:)

No comments:
Post a Comment